|#164 May 16, 2018
- Congratulations to Shadaisa Stalberger for hitting the game winning walk off a two run home run in last night’s win over Red Lake County Central!
- The UCB Badger Track and Field teams competed at the Heart of Lakes Conference Meet on Tuesday, May 15. Hosted by Perham, teams had a beautiful day to run fast and compete against good teams. On the boys’ side, All-Conference Team members include Noah Glad (3rd, 200m) and Parker Tjaden (2nd, 800m). Other place winners include Donnie Loegering (5th, 100m), Shawn Skjold (5th, long jump), and Kameron Keenan-Syverson (5th, 400m). The 4x800m relay team ran a season best time for the win. On the girls’ side, All-Conference Team members include Siri Danielson (2nd, 100m), Faith Rustad (2nd, 1600m), and Lily Peterson (3rd, 3200m). Other place winners include Rustad (5th, 800m), Paige Thompson (6th, 800), Peterson (4th, 1600m), Taytum Nelson (5th, 3200m), and Maria Vetter (5th, 100m hurdles). The 4x200m took runner up honors and the 4x800m relay finished fourth. The meet ended with two exciting 4x400m relays. Pelican Rapids’ anchor pulled away down the home stretch in the girls’ race, giving the Badgers a runner up finish in their fastest time of the season. On the boys’ side, the Badgers dominated their competition and ran a season best time, setting themselves up for strong potential heading into sections.
- Student Council meeting this Friday, May 18th at 8amin Room 101 for current and new members.
- Any students interested in being a football manager, taking football game stats, or filming football games next season, please see Coach Robertson
- Library books are now due back in the media center. Please get your books turned in.
- Reminder that if you are interested in attending speed & strength this summer to check your email for your on-line registration form. Make checks out to LPA Community Ed for a total of $50.00 and return them to Coach Otto or Coach Haberman.
- Any football players interested in 7 on 7 this summer, please see Coach Robertson.
- Juniors: many of you still owe money for the AP exam ($54), PSAT ($16), and ACT ($62.50). Please turn money into the Counseling Office asap.
- Juniors: If you are wanting to retake the ACT, the next test date is June 9th. The regular deadline to register is over; however, you can still register for it until May 18th and pay a late fee. Stop by the Counseling Office if you need more info.
- Dress Code reminder: Appropriate dress is deemed to be clothing and appearance that is safe, modest, and clean. Shorts, dresses, skirts, skorts, and jumpers are to be mid- thigh in length. Tops are not to reveal any undergarments. Caps are not to be worn during the school day inside the building.