|#120 March 12, 2018
- Congratulations to the following soloists for earning an Excellent rating at the Subsection Vocal Solo/Ensemble Contest: MacKenzie Ehlers, Mary Ullmer, Nick Donovan, Allison Rohweller, Sydney Porter, Rayne Nguyen, Chloe Leno, Taylor Tiffany, Caroline Grande, and Victoria Sheik. The Groups and soloists advancing to the State Section Contest May 5 are: Pop Group; Women’s Ensemble and Men’s Ensemble all earning a high score of 38 out of 40; soloists Siena Baratona (37), Mira DeGroat (36), Haidyn Peterson (35), Bailey Johnson (36), Taylor Endres (35), Morgan Schmitz (38), Kendra Leendertsen (38), Colby Hesby (39), Elise Grabinger performed 2 solos earning 39 and 38, Jon Stone (perfect 40), Rachel Ullmer performed two solos each earning a Perfect 40! Great day LPA vocal musicians!
- An update on the Tri-College Math Contest: Jr/Sr Division – Chloe Leno took 39th out of 372; 9th/10th – Sydney Porter took 5th out of 337; 7th/8th – Carter Minske took 15th out of 280. Also in the 7th/8th – Taytum Nelson and Esben O’Connell tied for 27th out of 280. In the team competition our Jr/Sr Team took 28th out of 46, 9/10th got 15th out of 43, and the 7/8th got 13th out of 36. Great job raiders!
- There will be a meeting for JO Summer Volleyball Wednesdayduring both lunches. It will be the last 5 minutes of each lunch. Oistad
- Softball practice will be done at 4:15tonight to allow students to travel to the boys basketball game tonight. Good Luck Boys!!!
- No baseball practice today due to the basketball playoff game at Concordia. We will plan to have practice tomorrow after school in Audubon for grades 9-12. Please get your gold cards! Good luck to the boys basketball team tonight!
- Varsity Track and Field practice will start on Wednesday, March 14. Bus will leave Lake Park at 3:30 for Hawley. Junior High practice starts on Monday, March 26. Gold cards must be turned into Mrs. J before you can practice!
- Juniors: the cost of the ACT is $62.50 unless you receive free/reduced lunch. Checks can be made to LPA and turned into the Counseling Office. Money has to be turned in before you take the test. The test is Wednesday, April 4th.
- Attentions boys that have a locker in the boy’s locker room. A locker check will take place this week. If you do not have a lock on your locker, your possessions will be removed! You will need to see coach Otto to get them back. If you need a lock for spring sports, see Coach Otto.
- Any girls interested in golf, please sign up in Mr. Wixo’s room. Season starts in two weeks.
- 7-12 Boys’ Golf sign-up is on Mr. Haberman’s door.
- Senior High Kbowlers: Please check the list outside Ms. Svobodny’s room to see the list of team members who will be going to sub-regions. The bus leaves at 7:10to M-State in Fergus Falls.
- Juniors: Girls’ and Boys’ State applications are now available. This is an opportunity for students to learn more about government and good citizenship. Please stop by the Counseling Office for more information.
- PTO Book Drive donation box for Elementary-Age books is now in the Media Center. Please consider cleaning out your collections and donating to an elementary classroom any gently used books for K-6 age students. If you need assistance in carrying books to the MC, please let Mrs. H or a NHS member know. Thank you.
- The City of Lake Park is accepting applications for Lifeguards (must be 15), Water Safety Instructors, Office Staff at Pool (Must be 14) and Pool Manager (must be 18). Applicants must be a licensed lifeguard, have CPR Certification and have First Aid Certification. All applicants will have a background check. Contact the City of Lake Park for classes that are available. Full job description is available at lakeparkmn.com.