|#101 February 9, 2018
- Last night, your UCB Badger wrestling team dismantled the Walker Wolves by a score of 59 to 8 to end their regular season with a bang! Great job by all wrestlers! A big thank you to all managers and wrestlers that made it a great success.
- Snow Daze is next week February 12th – 16th. Talent Show and Dodgeball sign-up sheets are in the Counseling Office, sign up asap. Deadline is today!
Snow Daze Dress-Up Days:
Monday: America Day “Show Your Pride For America”
Tuesday: Beach Day “Warm Up in Beach Gear”
Wednesday: Nerd Day “Show your Love for Knowledge”
Thursday: Dad Day “Rock Your Dad Apparel”
Friday: Camo Day “Take Cover in Camo”
- NHS, Child Development, and Student Council Jr./Sr. will be leaving at 8:45 AMon Wednesday, February 14th for the Elementary Snow Daze Activity. They will return by 2:30 PM that afternoon. The bus will load and unload from the south bus loading loop. Please check your Google Docs for the final assignment list. Mrs. H
- Do you want to try something new this year? Get involved with the MN State High School Clay Target League! The LPA Raider Trap Team is currently registering grades 6 through 12 who have taken the MN Hunter’s Safety Course. Shoots are every Tuesday night in April and May starting at 4:30pm. Registration is $100. Sign-up in the office or email Corey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 701-541-2896 with any questions.
- Juniors we have concessions for the boys’ game tonight. Sign-up sheet is in Mrs. Rebrovich’s room. So far only 3 have signed up.
- Softball players: please sign up in Sherri Lefebvre’s office to help with concessions on Tuesday, Feb. 13th. Thank you.
- The Book Fair is coming! February 20-23, the Scholastic Book Fair will be held in the Media Center every day from 8am – 3:30pm and during conferences on Tuesday, February 20 from 4-7:45pm. Starting today, a “You’ve Been Hugged” fundraiser will be held to purchase books from the book fair for the Language Arts classroom libraries. Stop in the media center, and purchase a “You’ve Been Hugged” locker tag for $1.00. Purchase one for your friends, classmates, or teacher. The tag will be placed on the locker of the person you bought it for. Turn the tag in to the Media Center to collect a prize.
- Sweet deal! Purchase your yearbook between now and February 16th and be eligible for a chance to win a $10 gift card! See a yearbook staff member or Mrs. J for an order form.
- Have any songs you’re dying to jam to at the Sno Daze Dance? Contact DJ Jaden Walters by email or in person with any song requests. Requests will not be taken at the dance.
- Seniors: American Crystal Scholarship information was emailed to you. Deadline is February 23rd.
- LPA’s PaY Committee is required to participate in both local and global service efforts. This Fridayyou can help our cause by donating a dollar to wear a hat. All proceeds will go toward the Wellspring for the World, a locally based nonprofit, whose mission is to provide clean water to people living in Africa. Thank you for your support.
- Lake Park Audubon High School Music Department presents 2018 Pops Concert, “Can’t Stop the Feeling!” February 15 at 7:30 PM in the HS Theatre.
- Any 7-12 grader interested in track and field, please stop by Mrs. J’s room.
- Seniors: The Families Forever Scholarship information was sent to your email. This is a local scholarship for $1,000 and the deadline is February 28th. Stop by the Counseling Office with any questions.